Hi! My name is Keira Gillett and when I’m not working, writing, or illustrating, I love to snuggle with my dog on the couch, take ballet lessons, go to the theater, play board games, puzzle through escape rooms, and read oodles and oodles of books.
Keep reading to learn more about me and the Zaria Fierce Series:
- The first time I traveled outside the US was at age 11. I went to France, Finland, and Russia. I absolutely loved it and my imagination and curiosity was sparked by these beautiful places and vivid cultures.
- I love to play table top board games. Organizing weekly game nights with friends is one of my favorite things to do. My husband’s and my collection contains over 150+ games. I even invented a game for Zaria Fierce! Read book two in the trilogy to find out how to play.
- I graduated from the University of Florida, with a bachelors in Drawing and Painting. I’m also a Phi Mu. All throughout college I wrote poetry and stories. I think I knew then that I would become a published author.
- The first time I saw snow fall was on a cruise in Antarctica. Zaria Fierce almost took place there with penguins for companions because of that.
- I live next to a river and almost every day when I look out my windows I see dolphins, osprey, boats, pelicans, fish (they jump in the air when dolphins are nearby), and more. Don’t be surprised if you meet a watery creature or two in the third Zaria Fierce book!
- I got a Shiba Inu puppy in December 2015 and named him Oskar the Elevated, after a character in the Zaria Fierce trilogy. He’s the most adorable little fellow ever and if you follow me on Instagram you’ll get to see lots of photos of him. He even has his own hash tag #oskarpie