Hi! I’m Keira Gillett and I am from Palm Bay, Florida. By day I am a technical publications librarian; by night I’m a children’s author. From an early age my mother instilled a love of the written word, as such I’ve always been an avid reader. It was only a matter of time before I found a way to share that love with others. I hope you enjoy Zaria Fierce and her adventures!
Here are some interesting facts about me:
- The first time I traveled outside the US was at age 11. I went to France, Finland, and Russia. I absolutely loved it and my imagination and curiosity was sparked.
- I love to play table top/board games and organize weekly game nights with friends. I even invented a game for Zaria Fierce! Read book two in the trilogy to find out how to play.
- I graduated from the University of Florida, with a bachelors in Drawing and Painting. I’m also a Phi Mu. All throughout college I wrote poetry and stories. I think I knew then that I would become a published author.
- The first time I saw snow fall was on a cruise in Antarctica. Zaria Fierce almost took place there with penguins for companions because of that.
- I live next to a river and almost every day when I look out my windows I see dolphins, osprey, boats, pelicans, fish (they jump in the air when dolphins are nearby), and more. Don’t be surprised if you meet a watery creature in the third Zaria Fierce book!
- I got a Shiba Inu puppy in December 2015 and named him Oskar the Elevated, after a character in the Zaria Fierce trilogy. He’s the most adorable little fellow ever and if you follow me on Instagram you’ll get to see lots of photos of him.