Michele and I are at Literature Young Adult Fiction talking audio books! Join us for the last segment on the first book.
I can hardly believe that the blog tour is wrapping up. Thank you so much to all the amazing bloggers who hosted me. It’s been an adventure! I would like to give a warm and sincere shout out to the fabulous bloggers who were so kind as to host me or review the book for my Zaria Fierce and the Secret of Gloomwood Forest Blog Tour.
Thank you Sasha, Sanovia, Sandra, Majanka, Sharon, Stacie, Jaclyn, Anjie, Analee, Liberty, Rayna, Carole, Aimal, Emily, Ner, Kathy, Meredith, Erik, Jennifer, Alysyn, Danissa, Amie, and Kelly! I hope I haven’t missed anyone. You’ve been so wonderful. It was a lot of fun taking over your blogs, sharing my journey in becoming a published author and discussing my book.
If you missed a stop, here are all the posts broken down by subject.
- Interview with Keira Gillett, the Author of Zaria Fierce and the Secret of Gloomwood Forest (Part 1) – Love Thy Shelf
- Interview with Keira Gillett, the Author of Zaria Fierce and the Secret of Gloomwood Forest (Part 2) – Book Snacks
- Interview with Keira Gillett, the Author of Zaria Fierce and the Secret of Gloomwood Forest (Part 3) – ReinReads
- Interview with Michele Carpenter, the Narrator of Zaria Fierce and the Secret of Gloomwood Forest (Part 1) – Reader Rayna
- Interview with Michele Carpenter, the Narrator of Zaria Fierce and the Secret of Gloomwood Forest (Part 2) – Keira Gillett
- Interview with Michele Carpenter, the Narrator of Zaria Fierce and the Secret of Gloomwood Forest (Part 3) – Literature Young Adult Fiction
- Interview with Eoghan Kerrigan, the Illustrator of Zaria Fierce and the Secret of Gloomwood Forest (Part 1) – Creatyve Books
- Interview with Eoghan Kerrigan, the Illustrator of Zaria Fierce and the Secret of Gloomwood Forest (Part 2) – All About Them Books and Stuff
- Interview with Eoghan Kerrigan, the Illustrator of Zaria Fierce and the Secret of Gloomwood Forest (Part 3) – Keira Gillett
- Character Casting – Fierce Family – Literature Young Adult Fiction
- Character Casting – Non-Humans – Carole Finds Her Wings
- Character Casting – Storstrand Family – The Novelty of Life
- Character Casting – Johansen Family – The Booklandia
On the Book
- 6 Places I’d Love to See and Experience in Norway – Japan Reviewer
- 13 Quotes from Zaria Fierce and the Secret of Gloomwood Forest – Living in a World of Book Quotes
- 8 Facts You Didn’t Know about Zaria Fierce – Midwestern Book Nerd
- Pronunciation Guide to Character Names from Zaria Fierce and the Secret of Gloomwood Forest – Ner’s Cup of Coffee and a Good Book
- What’s Music Got to Do with It? Writing and Playlists – Liberty Falls Down
Writing, Editing, and Publishing
- What Sucks About Editing Your Book – I Smell Sheep
- So You Wrote a Book, Now What? – Beach Bound Books
- Self-Publishing? How to Format Your Book for Print – I Heart Reading
- How to Choose a Narrator for Your Book – Bookshelves and Paperbacks
- How to write a book – Live Love Read YA
Get ready for the next book tour
Zaria Fierce and the Enchanted Drakeland Sword releases November 6, 2015. Who’s ready to join Zaria on her next adventure and what do you want to know? Share in the comments and I’ll write a tour stop for your question and/or blog!
Greetings everyone! I’m over at Danissa’s wonderful blog, Booklandia, sharing my vision of the Johansen family from Zaria Fierce and the Secret of Gloomwood Forest. We also talk about character casting in general. Do you like it when an author does it or hate it? Be sure to join us and give us your thoughts!
Here’s some of the wonderful things Danissa said about Zaria Fierce’s first adventure to Norway.
Also, for me, Zaria Fierce is like the latest Disney’s little princess… but the kick ass version with cool sidekicks. I had fun reading the book and felt bad for myself for not picking it up sooner
Today I’m also over at Live, Love, Read with Kelly as part of her Musings of Eternal Dreamers feature, where I muse about writing a book and what it takes. Thanks for having me!!! How are your projects going?
Join me for the third part of my author interview series at ReinReads with Alysyn. Together we talk about collaboration, writing, inspiration, and book two. See you there! Thanks Alysyn for having me! 🙂
Welcome everyone! Join me over at Meredith’s blog, All ‘Bout Them Books and Stuff for part two in an interview series with Eoghan Kerrigan, the illustrator for Zaria Fierce! Learn Eoghan’s favorite characters and see some of his favorite drawings.
Meredith also reviewed Zaria Fierce and had this to say:
Overall, this was a fantastic read with likable characters and an engaging story line. I am most definitely looking forward to reading the second book in this series. There is going to be one, I hope! Otherwise I would be very sad. If you’re looking for a fun, easy read filled with fantasy check out Zaria Fierce and the Secret of Gloomwood Forest!
Thank you so much Meredith for hosting us!
Greetings everyone! Join me at Kathy’s blog Novelty of Life to see my character casting for Filip Storstrand and the rest of his family.
Hi everyone! I’m over at Ner’s blog, A Cup of Coffee and a Book. Ner starts us off with a wonderful book review where Zaria Fierce is compared to the Chronicles of Naria (I’m very flattered!), before we move on into a Pronunciation Guide for Zaria Fierce.
Here’s a preview of the nice things she says about my book:
Keira Gillett’s writing was also easy to read you basically read an entire chapter without realising it. It wasn’t too childish but it wasn’t also too tricky or too mature. It’s a writing style that can be read by any age and anyone who simply wishes to leave reality behind and enter this fantasy world.
I’m so excited to be at Emily’s blog Midwestern Book Nerd today. I’m sharing facts about writing and publishing Zaria Fierce book one. I hope you’ll join me and say hello.
Emily also wrote a fabulous review for the first book. Here’s a sneak peek of what she has to say:
This book was seriously so fun, and was a nice distraction from life. I highly recommend you look into it if you are in the mood for a fun adventure. I also recommend that you get it for any book loving middle schooler you know. This would have been right up my alley at that age, but sadly did not exist at that point (well at least it did not exist in my hands). Support an indie author and dive into a completely new series!
I’m excited to be on Aimal’s blog, Bookshelves and Paperbacks today. We’re discussing how to pick a narrator for your book. It’s a tough job, but an author’s got to do it (especially if she’s self-published.) So what should you do? Join us to find out!
You can find me today over at Liberty Falls Down discussing how music intersects with writing and reading. I also share the playlist for Zaria Fierce and the Secret of Gloomwood Forest so you can listen as you read to what I listened to as I wrote. How fun is that?
Today I’m over at Carole Finds Her Wings sharing my vision of the non-humans in Zaria Fierce. We all know how much I love Hector Woodworth, but you’ll also get a chance to meet Edevart, Frida, and Helena. Thanks Carole for hosting me my book tour!